Do you know? Why Americans prefer Canadian pharmacies for buying prescription drugs online? Ok, I will explain, why people are switching to Canadian pharmacies?
Medications can do wonderful things, from fighting infection to preventing stroke and warding off depression. But medications don’t work if they aren’t taken.
There are a lot of points, we should keep in mind to understand the reason behind this. As per many surveys, it is clear that many Americans are not able to afford prescription medication cost. They are unable to manage their expenses between food and medicines.
As per the Harvard article, Millions of adults skip medications due to their high cost. The survey, by NCHS researchers Robin A. Cohen and Maria A. Villarroel, found that about 8% of adult Americans don’t take their medicines as prescribed because they can’t afford them.
“Insurance coverage often influenced this money-saving strategy. Among younger adults (those under age 65), 6% who had private insurance skipped medicines to save money, compared to 10% for those with Medicaid and 14% of those with no insurance. Among the poorest adults — those with incomes well below the federal poverty level — nearly 14% did not take medications as prescribed to save money.”
In this survey, people said they used to save money on drug costs included asking doctors for lower-cost medications, buying prescription drugs from foreign countries, and using alternative therapies.
You may read the report from the National Center for Health Statics.
Top 5 reasons for buying prescription medicines from a Canadian pharmacy
- Lower price prescription medicines: Everyone knows that prescription medicine price in the United States is highest across the world. In other side, prescription drugs prices are almost 80% less in Canada, India, Australia, and other foreign countries. So these offshore pharmacies offer the prescription drug at the lowest price than US local pharmacies.
- Canada is a neighbor country with the lowest price: Canada is a neighbor country to the US. so Canadian pharmacies are ready to ship their prescription medicines at a short time span. Americans prefer Canadian pharmacies for fast shipping and Canadian FDA.
- Generic alternative availability: In the United States, generics are not available as other countries have. Canadian pharmacies offer generic alternatives for expensive brand name drugs. Generics drugs are 80% cheaper than brand name drugs. Read – Difference between Generic and brand name drugs.
- Top quality generic and brand name drugs: The trusted Canadian pharmacies, which are accredited by PharmacyChecker or CIPA offer genuine and high-quality prescription medicines from tier 1 manufacturer. They
- Discount on prescription drugs: Prescription drugs are expensive in the United States, but people prefer Canadian pharmacies for their discount offers. Most of the Canadian pharmacies offer discounts on 90 day supply of prescriptions. They offer a 10 to 20% discount of the total order amount. Some Canadian pharmacies offer a huge discount for new customers.
So these are the reasons, why people prefer Canadian pharmacies over US local pharmacies? You can also find top Canadian pharmacies for buying prescription drugs online.
Want to save on prescription read these blogs:
- Buying prescription online: Do & Don’t
- These websites will slash your prescription drug costs
- Americans continue to struggle with skyrocketing prescription drug prices
- Compare Medicine Prices online
Here are some other cost-saving tips provided by Harvard health publishing:
- If you have a prescription drug plan, ask your doctor to prescribe drugs that are “preferred.” These will be the least expensive.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if a generic version of your medication is available.
- If no generic is available, ask your doctor or pharmacist if a less-expensive brand name drug in the same medication family would work as well.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist about pill splitting. With some medications, there is little or no cost difference between low-dose and high-dose pills. With a $5 pill splitter, you can buy the higher-dose version and save 50%.
- Shop around. Even with prescription medications, prices can vary a lot. I recently compared the price of a commonly prescribed antibiotic. I found one major drug store that charged one-third the price compared to another.